Upon A Pale Horse Upon a Pale Horse
- Sophomore release for Metal Blade Records
- Guest appearances by Sorcerer's Anders Engberg and Alan Averill of Primordial
- Numerous festival appearances including Germany's Summer Breeze Festival, Athens' Up the Hammers, Germany's Hammer of Doom and Norway's Tons Of Rock festival.
- Release specific landing page launched October includes VIDEO, Lead Track, Tour dates, Bio, News and more
- Publicity coverage w/commitments from METAL outlets
- Geo-Targeted ONLINE adverts
- Service across the board to Satellite, Commercial Specialty and College METAL Radio
- New Release discounts available during solicitation
In 2011, Below was formed in Sweden. They decided to start a doom band that would pay tribute to the more epic, heavy and dark styles of doom.
Below started writing songs, and in November 2012, a 4-track EP was recorded at Deep Blue Studios in Sweden. The EP received praise from all areas of the industry, with Metal Hammer Germany awarding the EP an almost perfect rating of 9/10.With only one unreleased EP, the band was able to book a 10-day tour through Denmark, Holland and Germany. The final show of that tour was the Hammer of Doom festival in Germany.
Below recorded their debut album in 2013 at Andy LaRocque’s (King Diamond) Sonic Train Studios. This critically acclaimed full-length, Across the Dark River, was released in April 2014 via Metal Blade Records.
In February 2015, Below went on a two-week tour of Denmark, Germany, Belgium, Holland and Poland. Since then, Below has also performed at different festivals, including Germany’s Summer Breeze Festival, Athens’ Up the Hammers, Germany’s Hammer of Doom and Norway’s Tons Of Rock festival.
In May 2017, Below will release their sophomore album, Upon A Pale Horse, via Metal Blade Records.The album was recorded at Deep Blue Studios in their hometown of Nykoping, Sweden. While staying true to the core of the music that is Below (heavy riffs, haunting melodies and huge atmospheres), Upon A Pale Horse also offers a broader variety to the songs, with the band’s slowest song to-date, as well as the fastest, the shortest, and the longest. Additionally, the album features several guest appearances, such as backing vocals by Sorcerer’s Anders Engberg and a speech by Alan Averill of Primordial.
1. The Plague Within
2. Disappearing into Nothing
3. The Coven
4. Upon a Pale Horse
5. Suffer in Silence
6. Hours of Darkness
7. 1000 Broken Bones
8. We Are All Slaves
For Fans Of
Upon A Pale Horse
Order Due Date
5% (ends 06/15/2017)
Metal Blade Records
Upon a Pale Horse
Metal Blade Records
Digital Audio Longplay