The Shadow Archetype
- Fifth full length release and first exclusive Metal Blade release
- Features ex-The Haunted drummer Per Møller Jensen & ex-As You Drown guitarist Simon Exner
- Tons of underground cred!
- Release specific landing page on release, includes lead track PREMIERE, video, tour dates and all artist updates
- Significant social media outreach via Metal Blade Records' network
- U.S. tour to be announced
- Service to all Metal & Hard Rock RADIO outlets including SIRIUS/XM!
Silence has, in the past, worked wonders for death metal legends Evocation. See, from 1993 to 2005, a healthy 12 years all told, the Swedes were dormant, non-existent, a pivotal – according to famed producer Tomas Skogsberg – act with a killer sound lost to the annals of time. When Evocation resurrected in 2005, they emerged stronger, deadlier, and better than before, with nearly the entire Promo 1992 lineup intact. The group’s debut album, Tales from the Tomb, replete with Boss HM-2s brutally blazing and spooky Dan Seagrave cover art, spent most of 2007 at the forefront of the New Wave of Old-School Death Metal movement. Really, if any band fit the resurgence of throwback death metal it was Evocation. They were relatively new, but were also part of and privy to the genre’s halcyon years.
After four years in proverbial quietus, the Swedes could’ve vanished into the halls of greatness, knowing they had sated the bloodlust of their untimely demo days’ dissolution with four remarkable slabs of intensely catchy death metal. But they didn’t. The time between 2012’s Illusions of Grandeur and new album, The Shadow Archetype, Evocation regrouped. They had lost critical members, but the future was far too inviting, with death metal’s ghastly spectre gesturing the left hand path forward. The group holed up in their hometown of Borås, enlisted guitarist Simon Exner (As You Drown), and wrote The Shadow Archetype across a two-year period. In some ways, Evocation’s fifth album is yet another rebirth!
For Fans Of
The Shadow Archetype
Order Due Date
5% (ends 03/16/2017)
Metal Blade Records