Paradise Paradise Paradise
“Most anticipated pop-punk album of 2017” – Alternative Press
“Broadside already seem dead-set on becoming another voice for a troubled generation” – Rock Sound
“All the hallmark traits of successful punk” – New Noise
“Broadside could very well become the new face of pop punk” – Substream
"Broadside are that perfect blend of all things pop-punk" – Feed The Beat
- Broadside’s debut album, Old Bones, has sold 5,000 copies and been streamed over 16 million times since it was released.
- Broadside’s are nominated for an Alternative Press AMPA Award for the "Best Underground Band".
- Broadside has toured heavily with State Champs, With Confidence, Handguns, Roam, Transit, Like Pacific, Rarity, Boston Manor and more.
- Broadside played on all of the 2016 Vans Warped Tour.
- Broadside will be on tour this spring with Real Friends, Have Mercy, and Tiny Moving Parts, and will continue to tour throughout 2017.
- Paradise was produced by Kyle Black (Paramore, New Found Glory, All Time Low).
- Broadside’s videos have been viewed over 2 million times on YouTube.
- Broadside have been featured multiple times in Alternative Press, Rock Sound, Kerrang!, New Noise, Substream, Fuze, Rock Tribune, and other key press outlets.
- Music videos for "Puzzle Pieces", "Hidden Colors", "Paradise" and "I Love You, I Love You. It's Disgusting" will be premiering prior to release date.
- Broadside will be featured as an 'Artist Of The Month' at ESPN in June.
- Broadside’s music has been featured in NFL Sunday Night Football (NBC), 2017 NHL Playoffs (NBC), Terrace House: Aloha State (Netflix) and The Challenge: Bloodlines (MTV).
- Broadside are currently featured on the 'Pop Punk's Not Dead', 'Pure Pop Punk', 'Rocked.', 'Punk Rock Workout' and 'The Scene' Spotify curated playlists.
- 20K Likes on Facebook | 12K Followers on Twitter | 15K Followers on Instagram
As soon as the majestic opening licks of the album’s lead off track burst onto the speakers, it’s obvious that BROADSIDE are setting bigger and better goals the second time around. An album of boundless energy, Paradise is a culmination of two years’ worth of experiences, sacrifices, and tireless effort, and the end result is a go-for-broke tour de force in pop tinged punk rock.
Paradise doesn’t completely change direction from the 2015 punchy debut Old Bones, but it shows a remarkable triumph from a band that has rarely left the road since that year. With the line “The sun peeking from the tall palm trees,” the title track ‘Paradise’ sets the personality for a summer sunshine-stained statement. “The whole concept of Paradise is that you should chase that little view of happiness you create in your mind,” explains front-man Ollie Baxxter. “We often put our dreams and desires to the side believing they’re unrealistic, but this record is about building a bridge to reach your goals, your dream, your…Paradise.”
By the summer of 2016, BROADSIDE circled the US multiple times with the likes of State Champs, Roam, and Handguns to name a few, and the demand for their punk-rooted pop anthems escalated, as they were constantly ushered to larger stages during that summers’ Vans Warped Tour. On one particular stop, Baxxter was befriended by a young, hearing impaired fan who had recently gone through ear reconstructive surgery to repair her full hearing. “I met this anxious young woman who was wearing a huge, comforting smile while waiting in line to meet us. She told me that our band was one of the first she had ever heard at full capacity, and that our performance moved her in a way she never felt before, and how lucky she was to have been able to physically hear the set. I couldn’t say a word, except to hold her close and cry because it moved in a way that I’ve never felt. Here stood a girl, no older than my own baby sister, thanking me for performing. I was just doing my job and it was really me who should have thanked her for her strength and courage to share her story. Moments like that are exactly why I write to the youth in our songs. PUSH THROUGH, OVER ANY AND ALL OBSTACLES.”
The former Richmond, VA outfit now calls Los Angeles home, where they teamed up again with New Found Glory & All Time Low producer Kyle Black in January of 2017 to lay down the groundwork for Paradise. “You know what, Kyle Black is a wildman who knows what he is doing, and we were lucky to be able to record another record with him. I hope this record made him proud of us,” admits Baxxter. Immediately following the sessions, BROADSIDE packed their gear and headed to the United Kingdom for an inaugural visit supporting With Confidence, bowling over new fans and taking a well-deserved seat at the table of their peers.
Named Musician Of The Month by Alternative Press in March 2017, guitarist Dorian Cooke’s resilient vocals take the lead on the soulful hymn ‘Laps Around A Picture Frame,’ while ‘Tunnel Vision’ will quickly land as live favorite with its skyscraping vocals. And Paradise doesn’t just have storming tracks, the lofty ‘Who Cares’ beams with the bands inner personalities of turning a bad situation into quick witted humor, while the balance between Baxxter and Cooke’s vocals on ‘Summer Stained’ is damn near perfect. BROADSIDE expand their sound into unheard punk turf incorporating trumpet on the first video from the album, ‘Puzzle Pieces,’ and the Morrissey-channeled, ukulele driven, ‘I Love You, I Love You. It’s Disgusting.’ “This record is the sound we have been trying to achieve all of our career, we aren’t afraid to try new things and that is apparent with Paradise,” declares guitarist Niles Gregory.
While more dates are being booked as of press time, BROADSIDE will be on tour through June 2017, just as Paradise blossoms on June 16.
Ollie Baxxter – Vocals Niles Gibbs – Guitar / Vocals Dorian Cooke – Guitar / Vocals Pat Diaz – Bass
1. Hidden Colors
3. Who Cares?
4. Lose Your Way
5. Laps Around a Picture Frame
6. Tunnel Vision
8. Summer Stained
9. Miss Imperius
10. Puzzle Pieces
11. I Love You, I Love You. It’s Disgusting
For Fans Of
Fall Out Boy
All Time Low
Set It Off
Order Due Date
5% (ends 06/22/2017)
Order Due Date
Vinyl Longplay 33 1/3
Digital Audio Longplay